H-index: RSCI 6, Scopus 2
The department if a clinical base for the scientific subdivision of the Department of Functional Diagnostics and Ultrasound.
The Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory is functioning as self-sufficient structural department and performs elective and emergency studies for patients from clinical departments and consulting-and-diagnostic department. The Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory of Cardiology Research Institute performs a wide range of the studies of biological liquids aimed at establishing and confirming diagnosis, differential diagnostics of diseases, and evaluation of the efficacy and achievements of administered therapy. Main areas of clinical activities of the Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory are as follows:
- Providing evidence-based diagnostic information and high quality results of the laboratory studies;
- the use of state-of-the-art laboratory technologies allowing to unbiased and highly reliable diagnostics and control over the treatment of patients with cardiovascular pathology;
- providing consulting assistance to the physicians of the clinic in regard to choosing the informative laboratory tests and interpreting data of laboratory examination of patients;
- providing detailed instructions on the rules of acquiring, storage, and transportation of biomaterial to clinical personnel;
- organization of workflow in the laboratory complying with safety requirements, occupational sanitation, and anti-epidemic regime;
- increase of professional qualification of the personnel;
- organization of practice for students of the Siberian Sate Medical University and Medical College.
Currently, a wide range of state-of-the-art laboratory methods relevant for diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular patients are available in the Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory including biochemical, hematological, coagulologic, immunoserological, molecular, and genetic tests. In the clinic, about 150 laboratory tests are used including mandatory standard studies as well as sophisticated methods requiring high qualification of specialists. The laboratory has wide range of methodological and material-and-technical capabilities for integrated diagnostics of the hemostasis system disorders. Employees of the Clinical Diagnostic Laboratory are skilled in the methods of diagnostics of anti-phospholipid syndrome, congenital and acquired thrombophilias, Willebrand disease, and abnormalities of vascular-platelet hemostasis.
12 registered nurses