Characteristics of the center
New centralized sterilization center was opened in February, 2012. It is located at the ground floor of the Building 3 of the institute. Personnel of the Sterilization Center has technical qualification and practical skills of using state-of-the-art tools and methods for sterilization of the medical products.
Based on the regulations for the organization of the sterilization of the medical products, the center is working according to the Sanitary Rules and Norms 22.214.171.12430–10 «Hygienic requirements for deployment, organization, facilities, and operational activity of hospitals, maternity hospitals, and other medical hospitals» and guidelines of the Ministry of Healthcare of the USSR No. 15–6/8 from 01.02.1990.
Main tasks of the Sterilization Center
- Providing departments with sterile medical instruments
- Implementation of state-of-the-art effective methods of pre-sterilization cleaning and sterilization to in-hospital practice
- Organization of the system of continuous control over the quality of sterilization
- Implementation of state-of-the-art packaging materials to in-hospital practice
- According to § 10.20.1 of the Sanitary Rules and Norms, rooms of the Sterilization Center must be divided to three areas: contaminated, clean, and sterile areas
Contaminated area comprises rooms for delivery and cleaning of medical products.
Clean area involves rooms for packaging, specifications, and loading to the sterilizers.
Sterile area involves sterilizers, storage of sterile materials, and expedition.
Number of personnel: 7;
Registered nurses: 4;
Other staff members: 3 (service premises cleaners).